I've been searching and lurking, and have been able to get a transferred Netvanta 7100 and a bunch of IP712 phones installed and running, but am still having some problems that are stumping me...
I'm the new IT guy on site, and have worked through a lot of issues in the last week. The owners just switched services from Century Link analog to a Cox SIP trunk system. We did the service cut-over last week, and the site is now taking inbound calls without much issue. Outbound calls work fine as well, for the most part.
I'm seeing a few issues that I'm sure are all related, and can't find anything in the config guides that correlate to all the things I'm seeing.
I'll try to keep my list short and descriptive, in the hopes that it will be easier to answer these questions I have...
(1) Netvanta 7100
A4.03.00.SC.E ((Approved version by Cox))
(10) IP712 phones
Switch set to VLAN 2, and is ONLY used for IP phones, completely isolated from computer network.
1. When I try to forward to an outside number for after-hours answering, the system properly forwards to any number. If I call the main biz number from INSIDE the building (a VoIP phone), everything is fine, call sounds great. If I call from a mobile to the main biz #, call connects fine, but there is zero sound n either end of the call. I'm guessing this has something to do with authentication and security. As a side note, even with ANI subs filled out in the Trunk Account, the forwarded call still shows up as the mobile number instead of the biz number. I've tried everything I can think of to get this fixed...
2. I've set up speed dials and other items in the Directories, but I can not get them to transfer to the phones. I've followed the Admin guide and have run through setup and config many times to no avail.
3. (May be related to #2) If I review ANY of the directory items on a phone's menu, NOTHING shows up in any of the menus. They're all completely blank. The desk I'm working at now (X101) is part of the main Ring Group (X200), and rings on every incoming call. Not a single previous call shows up.
4. I can't call one extension from another. I can't transfer a call from one extension to another.
5. I have set up AA messages and VM prompts, but when calling in to test, there is ZERO audio. If I try to leave a VM, it does register on the extension that I pointed to in the Ring Group Call Coverage (msg. light flashes). There is apparently NO recorded audio.
Normally, I'd just put my head down and work through these problems, and learn this system in and out by working through the issues. Right now, however, I'm sitting in a busy office with eyes piercing the back of my head... As much as I'd like to tell the owners that they'd be better off using system xyz (because I can program it in my sleep), I'm stuck working with what I've been given.
I really appreciate any help in advance, and look forward to working with you guys.