There are two pieces that need to be accounted for to make this work:
1 – Setting up the 7100 to be an SNTP server as well as to sync to an external SNTP server:
- System > Hostname/DNS > Primary/Secondary DNS IP Address: enter appropriate DNS servers and click Apply.
- System > IP Services > SNTP Time Server: check the SNTP Time Server box and click Apply.
- System > System Summary page > SNTP Time Server: input the appropriate SNTP server and click Apply.
CLI example configuration:
ip name-server 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
ip sntp server
sntp server time.nist.gov
Daylight Savings Time will automatically be accounted for with following command. This is enabled by default:
2 – Set the phones to get their time from the 7100:
Polycom phones get their time settings via DHCP.
- Navigate to System > DHCP Server > click on the appropriate DHCP Pool > Optional Configuration tab > populate the NTP Server to point to the IP address of your NetVanta 7100 and Timezone offset to your applicable timezone and click Apply.
CLI example configuration:
ip dhcp-server pool "VoIP_pool"
Note: Replace “VoIP_pool” with the name of your specific DHCP pool serving the phones, replace 10.10.20.1 with the IP address of your NetVanta 7100, and -6:00 with your applicable timezone offset.
IP 700 phones get their time settings from individual phone configuration files or globally from the adtran_customer.txt file.
- Navigate to Voice > IP Phone Globals > Global Files tab > ADTRAN adtran_customer.txt tab and paste the two settings in below. Replace 10.10.20.1 with the proper IP address of your NetVanta 7100 and -0600 with your applicable timezone offset.
Note: In R2 firmware the IP 700 will also get time settings from DHCP, just like Polycom phones. Also, make sure to save your configuration.
I hope this helps.
Worked like a charm. Actually I searched the KB and found the answer. Thanks for replying. This will help other admins. Your explanation is great.
I'm glad to hear you got it working. Can you select the answer above as the Correct Answer? That will help other people in the community know there is an answer on this thread.
My office Installed Netwanta 7100 and Polycom IP 335. Initially time and date is not correct. I follow the above procedure Date is changed well. But the time is different one hour.
Example: Singapore current time is 10.00 am. But my IP 335 phone shows 11.00 am. Please advise. thanks.
I got it. Polycom IP phones all come with default is Day light save timer is enabled. Manually login(Web Gui) the Polycom IP 335 and disabled the Day light save timer . After disabled the DST, change to right time now. Thanks all.
I was going to suggest that. I'm glad it worked
Message was edited by: matt - removed personal contact information